2022-09-27

Did you figure out where I was headed?

Or how I was getting there? ;) I was fortunate to be able to take a tour of the Grand Canyon back in 2005.  I had a few hours before I needed to head to my next meeting.  A few phone calls and some cash later and I'd found a spot that would take you to the floor on an Indian reservation, provide a meal while you soaked up the sights, then put you back in the parking lot a couple hours later.  It was quite the life experience.  Riding in a helicopter I realized they shouldn't be able to stay in the air, but somehow the pilots manage to use all their hands and feet to do just that…?

The Grand Canyon is certainly impressive.  The immense scale is impossible to take in, capture or describe.  I do think there are other natural wonders I would hit first if I had to choose, but this is certainly one of top wonders to behold.

Enjoy some of the sights I gathered. :)
RetroBlog 2005-12-05

No comments: