2026-09-21

Retirement is… all this and more, in the middle of the day❤️

As the day dawns, and the storms blow on by, I awake this morning rested and thankful.  Thankful for God’s provision, wisdom, blessing, and guidance through the trials and fun of life.  Thankful for my family.  Thankful for time to spend doing things like what’s pictured below with them in the middle of various week days.

This week I transition fully from considering re-employment over to just enjoying retirement and the next phase of life, officially.  It’s somewhat just a final mental switch, partially the way the finances and timing worked out, and lastly the results of using the last half a year getting used to the idea, habits, budgets, resources, tax codes, and guidelines.  Julie and I have been enjoying ourselves thoroughly.  I’ve enjoyed being able to take life a little easier, being available when the kids need something or just want to hang out, and even joy riding with my mom in the middle of the day.

There’s so much more to my happy feelings, more than I can picture or express.  Hikes with Laura, dinners with Susan and Larry, mapping out the future, volunteering for the Lord, getting caught up on things, even more time with my nephews and nieces…

Here’s to the next phase❣️ I love you all, and hope you see me giving the glory to God in the process.  Praying it all works the way I planned, and if it doesn’t, I guess I’ll dive back into the rat race.
436C3E67-C224-4862-B4F7-309A25BA5A30.JPEG

No comments: