More old stuff to the rescue… I had a band left over from Julie’s grandpa’s watch drawer that fit grandma’s watch perfectly and fits my wrist perfectly with it (upper right). Hers was way too short. Couldn’t even get it over my hand haha.
2026-09-22
My grandma Morey’s watch❤️
My mom remembered that she still had my grandma’s last watch and asked me if I was “still collecting watches” hahaha. Yes! It’s fun to remember grandma with it on. I fondly remember the black stretch band (upper left) and the way she put it on each day. She usually wore it on the underside of her wrist too. I always remember her telling time with it, but it was only ever to the closest quarter hour. Quarter of, half past, etc. It’s a common Swiss quartz movement (Ever Swiss brand) and I managed to get it running and set properly. I had to realign the hands since the hour hand was 30 mins off kilter and also adjust the dial in relation to the day/date window. It mostly runs, but likes to get hung up at 8:05 for some reason. It seems to be getting slightly smoother each day. We’ll see if I can revive it completely. I need all my watches to have a day complication so I can keep track of which day of the week it is these days… So, it’s perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment