One issue in driving your Jeep home after getting muddy is you can have issues with mud causing balance issues in your wheels. But it the mud is still fresh, and you don’t have too much, they tend to spin themselves balanced pretty well. The leftmost pic shows one that spin-balanced nicely on the way out. It helps if it’s raining, which it was at the time. The middle pic shows the wheel I popped off the bead. It didn’t get a chance to spin balance (or get washed by running in the rain. Quite a difference. I needed to clean it up enough that the tire shop would be willing to touch it, which is what the pic on the right shows. I little power washing goes a long way, but I couldn’t get it all without taking the wheel off the rim. But the shop was good and willing to finish the cleaning, and get it all re-mounted and re-balanced. All at no charge. They always take good care of me at Discount Tire. Have for decades.
No comments:
Post a Comment