I’m using my clone to practice a little. First, I had to get the case back off. I didn’t have the proper tool so I used a pencil and hot glue which worked really well (lower left pic). Then I had to tweak the tiniest of little levers (lower right, red arrow is pointing to it) to adjust the beat error and the running speed. If you can see how much you moved it, you went too far, haha. It’s a delicate operation with the hair spring and the balance wheel right below it!
In the upper pic, you can see I got it running nicely. Spot on timing, nice amplitude and a beat error less than 0.5ms. I tweaked it one more time and actually got the beat error down to 0.0 too. Beat error is the asymmetry between the tik and the tok. Now I just need to wear it for a few days and see how it does in the real world of getting knocked around on my arm 🤪 The first 24 hours it didn’t gain or lose any time, so I think I’m on the right track.
No comments:
Post a Comment