2024-07-18

Brutus has earned his trail badges

After struggling through many gremlins in the learning process of my first Jeep, it's nice to see this one is holding up to my abuse so much better.  I've got six good hard runs in a row without any issues.  That is encouraging.  I appreciate Julie encouraging me to find something a little better suited even if it cost a little more.  Bonus, it's nicer to ride in too so she'll join me for joyrides. ❤️ When I get to a dozen of these stickers I'll feel like I can count on it. ;)

I've also crawled under and over and looked for areas that needed maintenance and added some protection underneath.  Just some various bushings, joints, hoses, etc.  I have those mostly fixed up too this week.  A little preventative maintenance today prevents little things from becoming future issues on the trail.  

Last round will be going one size up on tires, beefing up the rear axle shafts, and replacing the drive shafts which are aging out.  This gives just a little more clearance and minimizes twisting off anything in the drivetrain. Then Brutus should be one solid brute!

No comments: