2024-07-18

Off-road secret weapon…?

You often see people sporting a highlift or farm jack on their Jeeps.  They're handy in a pinch, but in reality are rarely used, pretty impractical and sometimes a little scary.  Much more useful (and common to use to change a spare tire) is a bottle jack.  You only have to lift the axle and inch or too, instead of lifting the frame a foot or two in order to get enough clearance to change a wheel.  I had this old jack of my dad's that he and I used countless times working on our cars growing up.  But I needed a way to stabilize it.  So I crafted this adapter ring (left) that lets me slip in this saddle adapter (right) and now it works perfectly.  It saved me some money, uses more of my dad's old tools, and will get me of a pinch at some point, I'm sure!

I love it that my dad prepped me with so many of my own tools, but it's also nice to have so many of his.  It reminds me of many projects and time together whenever I use them❣️

No comments: