2023-09-04

Compact rescue gear…

I have a tiny little "trunk" in my Jeep.  I stocked it full of basic self rescue supplies.  Since you tend to take them out in remote areas and, it's considered responsible (and probably smart) to have what you might need with you.  

Here you can see (or see the containers of): Trauma kit, fire extinguisher, tire iron, 4' jack, wrenches, sockets, pliers, screw drivers, gloves, jumper cables, jumper battery, air compressor, tow strap and shackles, two tree savers, recovery point hitch, towel, hose clamps, and a bucket that can be used to carry water, as a seat or something to stand on to reach higher. :) I've since added a comms bag, shovel, wheel chocks, and some basic toiletries. It all fits nicely, and is out of sight when the tailgates is shut and locked.  Add to that the winch and shackles on the bumper, and I should be able to help myself or someone else if needed.  I usually carry a crate of fluids in the back seat when I'm taking it off road too.  

I realized I needed to add a tire patch kit and my kit should be "complete".  My dad trained me well…❣️

No comments: