2022-08-09

My mom gave me a special gift!

This was the plaque they gave my dad to commemorate his work career when he retired.  It shows his FWB trademark, the patent he designed, as well as the five different logos and companies Delco evolved through while he was there.  The bottom center logo includes the original company name which formed the DELCO acronym, Dayton Engineering Laboratories Company.   

He went back to work as a contractor for several years before he retired a second time.  They evolved one more time to Valeo, before they wound down operations again in Kettering.

It's crazy to realize I've been working 30 years now.  I doubt I'll get a fancy plaque or a patent, but I am looking towards the day when I can shift my priorities away from the daily grind and demands of work. :)

No comments: