2024-10-01

Big Red Machine!

The news of Pete Rose passing brings back all kinds of good memories of baseball!  I remember it being such a big deal as he was approaching 4192.  When was he going to get that hit?! I remember watching the Big Red Machine play.  I can't believe they left Johnny Bench off the list in the article!  I remember Dave and Tony well too!

Julie managed to time it just right while attending a Red's game and was ACTUALLY THERE when he got hit 4,192 and cemented his spot in history and the record books.  I was content with seeing it on TV.  Even more interesting, that was exactly the time (likely within a day or two) that Julie and I first met!  It's interesting to think back to what was happening around us when Ronda first introduced us a week or two into our sophomore year in high school❣️

I got this challenge coin somewhere along the way growing up and kept track of it into adult hood.  I figured it was about time to get it into my photo archives. 

No comments: