2023-03-02

Some of my early attempts at capturing the moon with a “telescope”

I think this was with a cheap spotting scope and adapter to my DSLR.  Probably something like 40x.  It isn't the greatest since it isn't very sharp, but you get the idea and can see some of the detail of the evidence of a huge collision in the lower right.  It looks like a circle with a starburst radiating.   Crazy to think about it being big enough to see from earth and what that must have been like when it happened!

It really challenging to shoot the moon.  It moves across the field of view so fast, that but the time you get your camera set right, you need to adjust your tripod and start all over again, haha,  At this magnification, you can actually watch it move across your viewfinder.  Hopefully, I will show you some better pictures as I got better at it back then?
RetroBlog 2007-02-02

No comments: