2026-07-20

Holding $10,000 in my hand…

…that would cost you $20,000 to actually buy!

On the way back from the dump the other day I randomly decided to swing by the local Rolex dealer (ironic I know) to see if they’d let me in.  They did.  They were quite nice and accommodating in explaining to me the range of brands and models they carried.  This is the model I like.  The price tag is $11K.  But you can’t actually get one.  If you wanted one, you go on a wait list and play a game with them for a couple years to see if one comes up with your name it.  So you can really only buy them on the used market at twice the price of new…

It was fun to look around in such a nice place.  I got to see some Tudor (sister company to Rolex) in the $5K range and a Breitling Navitimer too.  Next time I may take a look at the Omega Speedmaster.  All nice watches but WAY outside of my price range.  

I do really like the GMT Master look, and function. The 24 hour hand and bezel are useful and intriguing to a nerd like me.  I’m currently going down wormholes in the super-clone sub-culture.  I think I will have to satisfy myself with one of those in the couple hundred dollar range.  Plus you can get them in some of the discontinued cool color combinations.  Stay tuned…
IMG_0222.jpeg

No comments: