2026-07-26

Redneck engine starter…

For some reason, my inherited pressure washer was giving me fits the last time I needed to use it.  It normally starts right up and runs fine. I think it had gotten a little damp in all the humidity in my portable garages. In the process of trying to get it started, the pull rope broke too.  I wanted to see if it would start before i spent a bunch of time fixing the rope.  I noticed a hex nut on the engines shaft, so I thought I would try this approach. It pretty much worked like a champ. I just had to be careful to commit to spinning it fast enough and pull off as it started.  It worked every time except once when the socket stayed on, I quickly cut the engine before it could fly off and hurt something or somebody… I got it all running, got the rope fixed, and proceeded to use it.

No comments: