2024-04-30

Learning to sail…!

I got my introduction to sailing at our church summer camp, but Lakeside is where I LEARNED to sail!  It's fun to look back on this picture that was taken just after we'd been through the classes numerous times.  Skip Skolnik (left circle) was our instructor most of the time through our high school and college years.  His right hand man was the guy circled on the right, I just can't remember his name, John maybe?  Skip still lives in Lakeside near the cannons.  We had countless hours out on the lake practicing turns, playing tag, racing, and running to East Harbor once in a while.  It's fun that I've been able to take out my brothers, kids, and pass the fun along!  Johnny still dreams of spending a week at Lakeside taking the the classes one year.

No comments: