2024-03-30

I’m back baby!

 Shake down run complete last weekend! I enjoyed some time over at Haspin Acres in Indiana.  You can’t get too far from help there, so it’s a good place to test things.  It evolved into a full on off-road thrashing once the shakedown went so well. I can’t believe the stuff I climbed. The pictures posted today are the easy obstacles I hit.  This weekend, I’m headed to SE Ohio with a couple club members to hit the unmaintained “roads”.  Using the word road for these is really a misnomer.  They are hardly recognizable as passible by anything other than serious off-road equipment in most cases.  Should be fun.  Will be a good test of my repairs…. 

It does seem to be a good balance of power, torque, traction and robustness.  Love the lockers, they’re like cheating… I can spin all four wheels on decently solid dirt and not break anything, all while crawling right up over the obstacle at hand.  We see how it holds up.  I know I need to give my springs, steering, control arms and shocks some attention, but hopefully that can wait until later in the year.



No comments: