2023-01-22

Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

When you travel overseas, you usually land mid morning to early afternoon.  That gives you a day to recover before working the next.  You can either take a nap (and have your sleep all messed up) or gut it out and do some sight-seeing.  I usually chose the latter option.  It's a good thing I had my camera, because sometimes it's a little foggy looking back it.  I wouldn't usually get a full night's sleep on the plane.

But this also leads to some of my best memories of travel and photography too.  In this case, I took a boat down the Rhine in Germany.  When I saw sometime interesting, I would jump off, take a few pics, then get back on the next boat and continue down river.  At the end of the day, I took a train back to my hotel.  This was one of the castle ruins I jumped off to explore. :)
RetroBlog 2006-09-24



No comments: