2023-01-24

Exercise, antiques, and the dog…

I still use the cuff holders that my Grandpa used on his bike from the 1930 era!  You can see one of them hanging off my seat just behind the reflector.  They are easy on/off.  Much more so than the modern version which is the yellow nylon/Velcro strap you can see in the pic on the left.  The old ones are comfortable, easy to use, and do a great job of keeping my pants out of the chain.  While you're at it, notice the gear ratios on this back.  How much bigger the rear sprockets are than the front.  That means lots of power.  1.5x multiplier to be exact.  It's such a low gear, that you almost can't pedal on flat ground, because there's nothing to push against, haha!

One the right, you can see how I rigged up a short leash to attach Zoe to.  That way, she stays close, stays out of the way, and still has fun jogging along with me.  I attach her bungie leash to that we off we go! :)
 

No comments: