2022-10-13

Back in modern times, I’ve been going through some tools

I've always valued the handyman and tool heritage in my family.  These all bring back lots of memories!  In the top row, you have my great grandfather's machinists toolbox made by Gerstner's of Dayton, Ohio.  I remember him telling stories of the work he used to have to do with it.  Andy and I are going to fix it up for him to store and maintain all his skill toys in…

In the middle row, you have his son's (my grandfather's) Kennedy tool box that he used while he was building custom homes all over the Davison, Michigan area.  I always marveled at all the little tricks he new how to do with those tools.

In the lower left, you have a collection of things Andy and I picked out of my dad's and my grandpa's tool box for him to use in his career as a plumber.  The handyman tradition continues.  :)

The blue tool box in the bottom center was my grandfather's on my mom's side of the family.  I remember digging into it when we stayed at my grandmas if I wanted to try and fix something around her house or make something of my own.  Speaking of my grandmother, the lower right was her lawn mower.  I used to use that to mow her yard for her for a little extra cash when we visited.  When Julie and I first got married and had a house, that was the only mower we had and I mowed our half acre lot with it for a while before we saved up enough to get a push mower.

No comments: