2022-03-31

Father-son camping at it’s best!

This was my first camping trip with one of my boys!  I learned a valuable lesson about prioritizing God and family that weekend…

I'd been laid off that day, and thought about cancelling the trip to the weekend of fellowship, devotion and fun so that I could start my job search.  Instead, I decided that Johnny shouldn't miss out and that it would be good to focus on God and him for the weekend.  I sat around the campfire that Friday night sharing about my new need.  Sunday morning as we were packing up, Jim Knowles walked up to me and handed me enough money for a couple week's of groceries that the guys had collected among them!  Wow!  Talk about humbling. 

Just before we left on Sunday, Paul McNiel (went to our church, but I didn't know him very well) asks me for my number saying his boss was hiring. That Monday I get a call and an interview and I started at Beta LaserMike on Wednesday, just five days after being laid off.  The Lord provided, Johnny got his camping trip and I learned another lesson in trusting the Lord.
RetroBlog 2003-10-11

No comments: