2022-02-17

This was called Friday nights with Dad❣️

I would sleep on the couch with the baby monitor and feed or change the boys as needed so Julie could get a full night's sleep.  Sometimes we fell asleep after… It wasn't my idea, I have to give Julie credit for that.  I thought maybe she was just trying to find a way to sleep, but it turned out that it let me enjoy a bond and closeness men don't normally get. 

I remember one Friday I was trying to hurry because we were both so sleepy and I managed to explode a whole bottle of Julie's stored milk all over both of us when I tried to "help" it along by pressing on the bladder… My only option at that point was for both Johnny and me to jump in the shower.  Afterwards, he had a look on his face like, "What in the world just happened…?!" 

I admit to being resistant mentally when Julie proposed it.  Who would "volunteer" to lose a night of sleep each week.  I was smart enough realize I didn't have a maritally sound reason to refuse.  It only took me a couple nights to realize I would look back on the fond memories and treasure them!  

Thanks Julie for your help and guidance in making me the man and dad I've become.
RetroBlog 2002-05-25

No comments: