2008-02-17

The Pantry


The Pantry, originally uploaded by FlickPics88.

Well, I got some of the framing in yesterday... I had to try and undo all the builder's previous sins. Let's see, the ceiling is out of level an inch in 6 feet from left to right, and a half inch in 18 inches front to back. I've managed to get most of it out by cutting strange angles on the boards, etc. Even the double stud on the left was bowed out more than a quarter inch in the middle. I used a pipe clamp spreader to crank it back in and screw it into (a straightened) place. Now I can start trimming it all out. The cripples on the right will also be the supports for the shelves. Julie's looking forward to the increased space!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Quit calling those poor little pieces of wood crippled! They are differently-abled, you insensitive oaf!!! ;-)