2023-04-12

Another iPhone launch…

Back in the day it was fun to be at Apple or AT&T on launch day.  I forgot I'd snapped a picture of me calling myself at the store when they first came out on the original US release day.  It was even before selfies were a thing.  I think this was from my BlackBerry camera.  I remember how everyone laughed (me included) thinking the iPhone would never amount to anything for Apple…

Back then, there were only a few geeks like me waiting to see it. At some points in the history, the lines started days before and wound around the buildings.  These days, the launches are more virtual and spread out through the day.  No more waiting in long lines or bumping shoulders with friends.  Still fun memories as we anticipate the new gadgets for over hobbies and lives. 
RetroBlog 2007-06-27

No comments: