2018-09-05

Ohio State football just isn’t the same...

I watched the Buckeyes, with my boys. We (I) still yelled at the screen, but it just isn't the same without my football buddy. I'm their football buddy now, I guess. I wasn't ready for that responsibility to fall on me yet, but I'll roll with it and we'll make more memories together.

It was tough to not know when the game was, not know all the background stories on the starters, not have him make chicken wings to entice the boys to watch, not know all the ins and outs of the controversy, not have my friend to lament all the bad plays and bad calls with. No fun to do this all for myself. I'm just not quite in the mood for it yet, but wouldn't miss it either. ;)

One thing for sure, the new kick-off rule might have killed Dad anyhow!!! Talk about taking away one of the best parts of the game...!?

No comments: