2018-02-21

Fun with photo spheres

I figured out a new approach to taking panoramas.  It's called photo spheres.  It is essentially a 360º collection of photographs that are stitched together to make a continuous view.  You can flatten them out, as seen in the image below (and they look really strange).  However, if you use a viewer, you can "re-create" the scene.  Click the link to see it in action.


I used my drone to create this one.  It automates the image collection and stitching process down to one click to grab the images (approx. 40 of them) and one click to stitch them together.  Depending on the device you're using to view it (some phones and tablets), your may be able to rotate and tilt it to move through the scene.  If not, you can always use your finger or mouse to pan around.  I will be trying some more of these soon. I'm still perfecting the exposure techniques.

Enjoy.


No comments: