2011-02-22

More parenting moments...

1. You know, it is amazing how fast time moves on and new milestones are reached in your kid's lives... Even the little things. This past weekend I was having the boys "help" me with the laundry room platform I was building. In the past, their help was limited to some increase in the humor/fun of the project and increasing the time it took to complete. I hoped they learned something in the process. Well, that all changed this weekend. They both managed to really help. At one point, they took a break and I realized how much work they were doing. They both worked on all aspects. Measuring, sawing, drilling, driving, clamping, etc. It was a fun time, and I learned something. Cherish the time you have. They'll be grown before you can blink.

2. I used to reign supreme in my family as the champion at first shooter person games. Nobody could touch me... That was until this weekend. Something clicked and all of a sudden Andy can routinely wipe the floor with me. If I'm lucky, he only beats me by a few points. On the unlucky games, he skunks me 200 to ZERO! He's a machine! I win maybe one out of ten. Well, at least he's having fun. I better be practicing some more...

No comments: