2008-03-28

I'm flying!


I'm flying!, originally uploaded by FlickPics88.

The case of instructions that were too specific...

Well, as I said, there was some excitement at our house last night... It goes something like this.

Tuesday Night: I took this picture after finding the boys in their rooms. Surprisingly, they were quiet. That's what made me suspicious... After clicking the picture, and stifling a laugh, I told them, "DO NOT JUMP FROM THE BED ONTO THE BLANKETS".

Wednesday Night: AWANA at church, no funny business...

Thursday Night: I'm pulling into the driveway. At that moment, the garage door stops (halfway up), and all the lights in the house go out. Somehow, I knew it was going to be interesting... I go in the house and find two scared, terrified, boys who are crying, screaming, yelling, wailing, and at the same time proclaiming their innocence... We finally get them settled down somewhat and catch the phrase, "Andy touched the fan, we didn't do it".

At this point, we suspect trouble. We head to Johnny's room, where they had been, to find the light fixture dangling from the ceiling. The pull chains were all twisted around the fan, and the wires (hot and neutral) were shorted together.

At that point, the boys are wailing something like, "weeeeee brooooke the hooooouuuuuusseeeeeee"!... "Daddy, please fix it!"

In the end, I had to remove the offending fixture, wire-nut off the exposed wires, and put the cover back on. Johnny's fan and light is now conspicuously absent.

Turns out, they were jumping from the dresser onto the blankets... Andy hit the chains on the way down and they activated the fan while flipping up into it at the same time. They've now been instructed to "just don't do anything stupid". This includes jumping onto blankets...

-All in a day's work for parents... I know where their allowance is going for several months...

No comments: